Five years ago next week I married a wonderful man, and that
is really where my story begins it's full of drama, lies, abuse, and the flat
out crazy. You probably won't believe it all I know I wouldn't, but it is my
story and as far as I know it is all true. What I have learned from other
family members I've done my best to verify and a lot of it I witnessed for
myself, it won't be written in order because that isn't how I learned the
story, and like most stories some parts of it need to be told more than others.
I've reached a point where this story keeps me up at night and burst from the
corners of my mind begging to be let free.
This is the story of Me, My husband and His parents. My
In-laws from hell.
I probably don't have the worst in-laws on earth they
haven't tried to kill me yet. But they certainly are among the worst I've ever
had the displeasure of meeting. I should have started to realize things
were not right early in our courtship, the first time I met them was at my husband’s
21st birthday party we had only been on a few dates and this was the first time
I had been to his home they lived in a ramshackle pair of trailer homes that
had been connected to make one sort of double wide, it hadn't been done very
well and the roof leaked badly leading to a musty smell and buckets on the
floor. I was greeted warmly enough by my future in-laws with a large hug. My
mother-in-law asked what high school I attended and I informed her that I was
21. Then my husband took me back to a corner of the house where his room
was, because he wanted to have me listen to a song with him, it was very sweet
but I had to notice how cold his room was I saw that he slept in a heavy
sleeping bag and that there was a hole in the wall of his room. We live in
Idaho it gets very cold at night. I asked him about it and he told me on the
coldest nights he slept on the couch as his room was not heated. I should have
noticed something but I thought maybe it was a new hole or maybe it was just
because his family was poor. That night he at 21 had to hide behind a shed to give
me our first kiss, later I found this was because his dad had already warned
him off me. He was 21 and still had to hide from his dad, I should have known.
But, I was falling fast for this red haired boy with the big heart and worn hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment